Wednesday, July 13, 2016

How to start with a Pikachu

Pikachu is the most beloved Pokémon hands down. Everyone wants to get their hands on a Pikachu just to say they have one even though they are not close to being the most powerful. There is a way to get around the entire hunting for a Pikachu. I wish I knew this trick before I started but I didn't and had to wait 4 days til one hatched from a egg. 

How to get a Pikachu as your starter.

When you first start the game you have the choice of one of the original starters to pick from. You could just pick one of them and begin your quest to be the Pokémon master but what is the fun in that when you don't have a Pikachu? In order to get a Pikachu as your starter you need to make the 3 starter Pokémon respawn 3 times. After that the next time the Pokémon spawn you should have a chance to catch a Pikachu. 

Why wouldn't you get Pikachu as a starter?

Since this your starter Pokémon it won't be very powerful. You can also only power it up so much with the candies you have. You also only get more candies from hatching the pokémon or catching it. Since Pikachu is among the rarer of the Pokémon the odds are you will have to wait a while to evolve one into a Raichu. In that time you would also probably come across more powerful Pikachu's than your starter. It is better to evolve your higher CP Pokémon so your evolved Pokémon are all the more powerful than what you started with.

My Pikachu

My Pikachu hatched from a 5km egg. I was about level 8 when this happened. I was lucky enough to get a Pikachu with a good base CP. Also, since it hatched from an egg I get more candies than I would if I just caught it from the wild. Only problem with that strategy is the eggs are just a roll of the dice. I have never seen a wild Pikachu so I'm no closer to getting my Raichu. 

So what do I do now?

The Choice is up to you. Maybe in your specific region there are more wild Pikachu's running around. It all depends. Since this trick has been around since the day the game started Pikachu starters are not uncommon so the bragging rights are not really there. If you hatch a pikachu like I did you will  probably get a higher level Pikachu. That is still up to the dice.

I hope I've given you something to think about and maybe helped you with your decision. Either way it is a choice you make. Have a great day and go catch 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment